I swear my luck stinks!
After lots of thought and searching, I decided to buy a cheap sewing machine. Not one that you'd get at a walmart or kmart, but a cheaper one at a fabric store. I was at the local quilt shop and noticed a Janome and so I asked the lady about it. She loves hers and highly recommended it - telling me they were on sale at Hancock Fabric. So, I ran to the nearest Hancock Fabric store. No luck. I called to the other stores - no luck, although one store told me they would be getting two within a week. So, last Saturday I called around and was lucky enough to have found ONE in stock. So I grabbed Ster and hurried to Salt Lake to grab it. It was a pain to get to the store - construction, missing the street, piddle break for Ster. I was pretty frustrated by the time I got there, but elated when we left.
Here is my new toy:
I had company Saturday, so I didn't have a chance to test it out. Sunday we still had company and then went to my parents - no chance to test it out until late that night so I only sewed a few lines. Finally, I used it quite a bit on Monday night. How exciting! I love, love, love it. Its quiet, smooth. Love it!
Tuesday on the way home from work, I call Ster to let him know I'm heading home. He informs me that he was using my sewing machine and the black thing got stuck. Okay, I'm not pleased that he was using it, but the peddle getting stuck wasn't anything to cry about.
Oh no. I did cry. Sterling cried. Because it wasn't the peddle. It was the black fabric he was practicing on! He was trying out a new stitch. And it jammed. Doesn't help that (1) he was using the wrong foot and (2) he was probably trying to move the fabric when he didn't need to. Needless to say, I was NOT NOT NOT a happy camper when I found the problem.
I admit. I yelled. I screamed. I stomped my foot. Ster apologized then got mad and followed my lead by yelling back at me and swearing. So, off to his room he went for a long time-out while I stewed and yanked and pulled on that stupid fabric. Oh, the fabric came out - but left all the thread. this is what I finally pulled out of the machine after I took the metal plate off:
Ster is so very lucky right now. The sewing machine works great.
No comments:
Post a Comment