Sunday, June 9, 2013

My luck hasn't gotten any better!

Friday was not a fun day.

Friday at 5 p.m. was the deadline for people to file to run for Mayor or Council.  Friday morning, we had only 2 candidates for Mayor and 3 for City Council.  I was hoping we would only get one person to come in and file for City Council so it would be 2 for Mayor and 4 for Council.  Why?  Because then we wouldn't have to have a Primary election.  Not that I don't like elections - they are kind of fun - but I always have problems finding Election judges.  So if I had one less election to stress over I would have been happy. 

No such luck.  Two men came in and filed.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  However - think about it for a moment.  There are 2 positions open for City Council.  5 people running.  The primary election cuts the candidates down so that there are 2 people running for each spot in the General Election.  So.....1 candidate will be eliminated in the Primary.  I hate to see people lose.  So to see 1 person get cut is pretty sad.   (I won't mention the amount of money it takes to run an election.)

Anywho - at 5 p.m. we locked the doors and sent off the required notices.  Okay, so my boss sent off the required notices and I worked on getting the information on the City's website.  I got the information on one page done slicker than snot.  Then I decided that it would be good for the notice to be put on the front page of the city's website.  So I added the information and hit update.

And all the important information disappeared.  Completely gone. 

My heart sunk and I felt sick to my stomach.  I cried.  I had to call the lady over the website and explain what I did.  She was not happy - and I totally don't blame her! 

Luckily for us, my boss had the front page up when I deleted the information and it was still on his computer - so a cut and paste and email to me saved my hind end!  We still had to add links and uploads - but it saved my hind end.

Then I came home to lots of work.  Our sprinkler system is FINALLY done.  Now we only have to wait until Thursday evening for our sod to be delivered.

that alone makes me happy!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like luck to me! What if you had to start all over?!

    ReplyDelete