Holy crap! I need to suck it up and just take Sterling over to the neighbors house to get this thing over with.
At our Super Saturday craft day, Tina let me know that she did notice Sterling's personality change when my mother-in-law was here and how rude and mean he was to Brandon. I changed the subject. I really didn't want to get into it again with her. What good will it do to start telling each other all the things our sons have told us about the other.
On Wednesday, Brandon came over and asked if Sterling could play. Sterling didn't want to but we sent him over anyway. When they are together, they get along just fine. A couple of hours after Sterling went over, I went to the store and Tim went to get Sterling.
And I'm so glad I didn't go over!
Tina told Tim that we all needed to get together to talk about what happened between the boys. She wants the boys to remain good friends and so we need to talk about it. She proceeded to tell Tim that Sterling threatened to hit Brandon at school (I am having a really hard time believing this one). And that I have been avoiding the subject every time she brings it up. Tim did tell her that I don't like confrontation - which is soooooo true - and then he proceeded to change the subject.
Really? The boys do not need intervention on this. They are either friends, or they are not. If I hear Sterling being mean, I will jump his case about it. But if she wants the boys to be friends, then she needs to let them work it out. I would fight with my friend one day and then be best buds the next. Drove my mom crazy - but she didn't get in the middle of it and make a big deal about it.
We had another family move into the neighborhood and I went to introduce myself and welcome her to the ward. She has a 12 year old son who loves to play games and she invited Sterling over sometime after school so they can play games together. I warned her that I have been told that Sterling isn't very nice to others. Her response? Oh well - they are boys. I wanted to give her a big hug right there.
No comments:
Post a Comment