Monday, January 16, 2012

Letter from Jayden

This last year, I started to send packages to Jayden.  Long story.  A story I don't feel like I can tell.  You know - sharing information that is not mine to share (I learned my lesson).

Anywho - I decided to be a better Grandma.  So, for August 13 I (okay - we) sent Jayden a birthday card with some money in it for his birthday and for school.  Not much.  Just a little something to let him know that we love him.  And I got a message from his daddy thanking us for the money and telling us what Jayden would be doing with it.

For Christmas, I didn't really want to send just money.  I want to buy the grandkids presents.  I found the cutest blanket that I snatched up for Kym - but ended up giving it to my adorable niece Lillie.  I hate sending money because it seems so cold.  (However, I LOVE LOVE LOVE getting money for presents - it is so much FUN deciding what to buy).  Anyway, we decided to send presents to Tim's grandkids. 

(Note:  I'm not sure if I will do that again - the cost for shipping them was almost as much as the gifts!)

I sent Jayden's gift to his grandparents house - which is where I sent his birthday card/money.  Just before Christmas, my mom sent all the grandkids a card with a small cash gift.  A week later, my mom got a letter from Jayden.  I didn't.

I can't tell you how ENVIOUS I was of my mom and dad.  I so wanted to drive to Spanish Fork right then and there and yank that letter and picture out of their hands and keep it for myself.  She read what he wrote and I admit I got weepy. 

Then I started to worry.  What if he didn't get our gift?  I checked online to see that it was delivered - and when I saw it was left on their porch I didn't worry.  They lived in an area I felt the package wouldn't be stolen.  I was going to call - but then I didn't want to seem pushy or "thank you" grabbing.  So I didn't.  I just worried and wondered.

Then it came.  My precious letter from Jayden.  I cried.  I was so excited to get that precious, precious letter.  He liked the gift =)  And he gave us his new address.  Yes, they moved.  That could explain why it took so long to get a thank you from him - and lucky for everyone the new owners of the house were honest enough to send it on.

After crying, I did a happy dance.  Then I cried again.  I miss my Jayden - my little peanut.  It is hard for me to think of him as anything other than my precious 2 1/2 year old grandson.  It has been almost five years since he went back to Texas with his daddy.  Five years!  He is 7 years old now.  7!  And I still get teary eyed thinking about him and missing him.  I can't wait until later this year when we head to Texas (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else comes up to ruin our trip) and I can see him again.  I know he isn't my little peanut anymore - but I'm still stoked for the visit!

1 comment: