About 5 months ago, I was called to be the Cub Committee Chair in our ward. Me. In scouts. Didn't they learn the first time? I only lasted 2 months. Why? I don't get along with kids! I go bananas when a bunch of boys get together and don't listen to you. So why on earth would I be called to this position? I guess I'm supposed to be learning something here - probably patience. But why couldn't I be called to be the newsletter person? I can type and I like it! So why not that calling?
I think I'm starting to like cub scouts. I don't have to do the weekly meetings - so I only have one night of torture with a bunch of boys. I'm finally catching on to what my responsibilities are. I don't like to ask people to do things - but I'll have to learn to ask for assistance from the other committee members. If I'm asked to do something I do it. In this position, I'm learning that I need to make sure people are actually doing what I ask them to - like maybe call a week before rather than the night before to find out it isn't done.
I think I may actually like it.
On another note, have you noticed I haven't mentioned anything about my weight loss for awhile. That is because I haven't been too successful in that area. Overall, I'm down about 19 pounds. Christmas was a killer for me - and then with Tim gone I was way stressed out and couldn't stop munching. But the scales have started the downward trend again. Not fast, but at least it isn't creeping up. Slow weight loss is better anyway, right?
When I was first called to the cub scouts, I had to buy a cub scout leader shirt. I had to buy a Large size so that most of the patches were already on. An Extra Large and I had to sew all of them on. No way was I going to sew them all on. Anyway, the Large was very, very snug in the gut area - so I had to tuck my shirt in because it wouldn't fit very well over my jeans. Now, although there isn't much extra room, I can wear my shirt over my pants! Maybe next month it'll be a bit looser.
Congrats on the 19 lbs! That is definitely something to be proud of. =) Bryan used to say that the committee chair is more about working w/ the parents than the boys; don't know if that helps, but at least it means you're always in the loop for scout happenings now, right?! =)
ReplyDelete