When will I learn?
I get on facebook all the time and check on what people have to say. I shake my head that some people make posts so often. I laugh at those who make comments that stir up a lot of comments that get people upset.
I don't write anything on my facebook account all that often. Because of the fact that I don't want to upset anyone with my opinion. And I don't feel like defending myself over my opinions.
Tuesday I posted a comment that I didn't think would upset anyone. Around 11:30 a.m. I was in the doctor's waiting room trying to be patient waiting for my 11 a.m. appointment. Yes, 11 a.m. (I didn't actually go into the exam room until just after noon. I was not happy). As I am seeing other ladies go in and out, I was getting a bit testy. I got a lot testy when a lady with two young kids comes in.
This young monther let those kids run around, climb on the furniture, play in the windowsill, play with the fire extinguisher box, open doors, etc. She sat there reading a magazine and occasionally telling the kids to settle down. She wasn't trying to keep them under control. She let them run wild.
After a few minutes, the kids start to play hide and seek through the chairs. Not bad - they were atleast in one place and not running around. I'm sitting there playing on my cell phone when both of them squeel at the top of their lungs. It was terrible. I about jumped out of my pants. The squeel lasted only a couple of seconds. But about a minute later, here comes another squeel. It was bad. My ears started to ring. I was getting testy because the mother just sat there. She finally whispered to stop. This went on for 10 minutes - the kids squeeling every 30 seconds to a minute.
It was horrid. I was tense. The mother finally got them to stop when the office staff starting walking toward her. She got the kids to sit and eat a snack and read a book.
So, I posted on facebook (prior to them stopping): To the mom in the waiting room: your SQUEELING-AT-THE-TOP-OF-THEIR-LUNGS kids are NOT cute. My ears are ringing.
Not bad - at least I didn't think so.
Yeah, well I've been properly chastized from my step-daughter. I'm judging this mother without knowing the whole story, apparently. Some kids just can't get under control. Some moms don't try because it will only make matters worse. Until I've been in their shoes, I shouldn't judge them. Then, there is her post that she is tired of people juding people - judge yourselves.
So I'm done.
Once again I've learned that I should keep my mouth shut. After this little tirade. Yes, I'm writing about it now - but my step-daughter doesn't read this blog (since I haven't made an announcement where she could see it). And yes, if she knew about this she would be mad. But since I can't do anything right in her eyes, what would one more post do?
So goodbye facebook. I am not going to continue making posts that may or may not offend my step-children.
And by the way - I'm glad my step-son can give his sister a mother's day gift. Hmmmm....I'm only a step-mom but a card once in 13 years would be nice. In 13 years of marriage, Tim and I have both gotten one Christmas gift from his son and that was the year he lived with us. Nothing else. For 13 years. And my co-worker wonders why I am not all that happy to send them a lot of money for their gifts?
Gotta love those stepkids! :) Ya, I wouldn't be happy sending money either to them if that's how they treated me!
ReplyDelete