Well, Ster's annual IEP meeting was today. It wasn't pretty. As usual, I was fighting off the tears with everything they were telling me. The only bright side is that his math has improved. He is really good at multiplication but needs practice on division. Other than the fact that he doesn't understand the word problems, he is almost at 5th grade level.
Hearing how far behind he is just upsets me. I don't know what to do to help him. I have tried to work with him on reading and that ends in disaster. I can't seem to figure out how to help his language skills. It is just so frustrating because I don't know what to do. Except watch him and hope that something is kicking in.
That whole meeting gave me a headache.
And once again we are reminded how nice it will be to leave this area. The dipstick flipped Tim off again - while he was in the back sit of his grandma's car. I would love it if they saw what he was doing - but I highly doubt they would care.
Well, sleep is calling my name. Hopefully I can sleep all night and start to feel better.
I'm so sorry, Teri. Wish I could feed him for a few days to see if our diet would help.
ReplyDelete