Wednesday, August 21, 2013

School!

I have to admit - I'm not one of those parents who are sad to see their kids go off to school.  I'm jumping for joy!

But I'm also not a stay-at-home mom.  I am a mom who hates to see her kid home all day with not a lot to do.  And I'm a mom who was paying $100 a week for daycare and hated to pay so much when my son was the one watching the other kids.  (We pulled him from day care a couple of years ago - so that equals a lot of time home alone until he met Brandon.)

Anywho, I love school.

Until the first day of homework and then I'm pulling my hair out.

And that first day of homework just happened to be the first day of school.  Yuck.

Now, it wouldn't be so bad if my son didn't have issues.  But he does.  So, 5 math problems turned into 25 minutes.  I won't even go into the writing assignment that didn't get done.

It didn't help that Ster was tired.  And that he wanted to play with his best friend and his best friend can't play in the evenings now.  (He was more than a tad upset that he wouldn't be able to play with Brandon until Friday)

Now I'm on the countdown until Christmas break!

No comments:

Post a Comment