Sunday, December 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Sterling!

Today is Sterling's 10th Birthday.  He made it!  There were times I didn't think we'd make it to his 10th birthday - but he did.  We did.

Sterling is so precious.  I look at him and I realize how blessed I have been to have him in our little family.  He has a funny sense of humor.  He is loving.  He is sweet.  He is a cutie.  He loves video games.  He loves his daddy.  He loves his Duke.  He loves his mommy occasionally =)

We've had our struggles, me and Sterling.  He knows how to push my buttons and he pushes them almost daily (like today when I ruined his birthday because I made him shower before church).  We battle it out over and over.  But he loves me and at the end of the day he is so willing to give me a hug and a kiss and tell me he loves me.

He had such a list of presents he wanted - for his birthday and for Christmas.  I swear every day brought something new added to his list.  We settled on an Xbox game and a stupid Utah Utes Santa Hat.  We wrapped them up and put them under the Christmas tree earlier this week - and the constant "can I open one now" began.  For my birthday, they let me open my present the night before (why oh why did I do that?).  So, Ster asked if he could open a present early and we told him one present on Saturday.  Saturday morning at 7:10 a.m., he woke me up asking if he could open it.  I told him he could when daddy got home from drill.  Well, the garage door opens and I holler down to Ster that daddy was home - and Ster promptly opened his santa hat.  Tim thought I let him open it up early - but no, he heard that daddy was home and knew he could open it.  So I had to specify that he couldn't open up the other present until after dinner when everyone was here.

I sure love this kid!


(He was so excited to get this present - can you tell?)


(He lined up all the figures from his game)

I love you kiddo!

1 comment:

  1. He smiled for his pictures!!! He must really love his birthday. He really is a cutie, but don't tell him I said so. I don't think boys at this age like to be called cute. :)

    ReplyDelete