Thursday, December 22, 2011

My luck strikes again!

Okay, so while we were filling out the military clearance forms, it asked for divorce information.  Tim has been divorced twice.  We (or rather he) talks to his first ex-wife, but not to his second ex-wife.  No reason to - no kids, no ties.  Anyway, we weren't sure if we needed the information because the divorce was over 12 years ago.  Oh no.  We had to have her birthday and her current address.  Really?  Facebook sort-of came to the rescue.  Since she is a "friend" of Tim's sister, we called her up but she didn't give us much information except her new husbands name.  Long story short - Tim had to call her up to get what we needed.  Her new husband didn't like the sound of another man calling her.  Don't blame him.  Tim said it was very awkward to have to call her.  I agree.

And we may be out of our house sooner than we think!  Okay, maybe that is wishful thinking.  Our mortgage company, the blasted Bank of America, sold our mortgage to Green Tree.  So, I mailed our payment to Green Tree as instructed in the letter we received.  I did not pay online because I was not going to pay a $12 fee.  I think I should have.

Green Tree is saying that we never paid our monthly mortgage payment.  Really?  So now I am at work (I just left work hoping not to return until January 3) sending a fax showing that our payment really did clear our bank - and waiting a few minutes for the fax to be reviewed before I call them. 

With my luck, someone else would have cashed the dang check and we will have the lovely hassle of trying to figure it out.

Merry Christmas!
(but I'm feeling pretty scroogy right now!)

1 comment:

  1. My heavens, the military is nosy & demanding! =P Good luck getting it all sorted out!

    ReplyDelete