We said goodbye to Tim today. He's off on another "vacation" away from me and Ster - he'll be back the first of February so it isn't too long. I've had longer times apart from him, so a measly 5 weeks is easy peasy! I hate saying goodbye. I don't want him gone - but I hate the anticipation of him leaving. I dread it. I always get antsy and cranky just before he leaves. Makes him all that much happier to be going on a
On to other ramblings, remember me talking about trees? Well, if I haven't blogged about it before, I will now! Our yard is treeless. Thanks to the two big trees being diseased and nice windstorms to help them out, we have no trees. We are in desparate need to landscape our yard and to add a lot of trees. For a couple of years I've been looking at trees for our backyard. In my cranky moments, I want to plant trees in a line in our backyard to block the view of some unpleasantness behind us. But then I calm down and realise that would be just tacky. I still don't know how I want to landscape our property, but I had planned on saving $1500 to pay for trees for the backyard THIS YEAR - some bigger ones and some smaller ones. I still didn't know where I'd plant them, but I was planning on sticking them somewhere! I swore to myself that we would get some trees in the ground this year come heck or high water!
Plans have changed.
I also wanted a concrete patio. Right now we have a small patio that is cracked and sinking in one area. We were going to rip out the concrete and pour one twice the size. I was so excited! I wanted the concrete patio so I could get some patio furniture so I could sit outside in the evening reading a book. Well, I'd be outside when it was quiet and not smoke-filled. (If you know the neighbors behind us, you'd understand. I love the homeowners. Their kids - not so much).
Plans have changed.
We were also going to put some money into the spitfire. I was hoping to get the axles bought and a couple of things Tim needs to work in it. He really needs something to do with that car.
Plans have changed.
And my sewing machine. I decided against a Bernina because I don't have the money to sew all the time. Can't afford to get fabric all the time. So a nice Brother would suffice. My mother-in-law has an older Ffaff that she is going to give to me the next time I go to Texas. But that isn't until next year.
Plans have changed
We need an oven - ours isn't working all that great. But it does work. I just can't make brownies or cakes or cookies or chicken without adding on lots of time. But it works.
Plans have changed.
See, I went to the dentist a couple of weeks ago. I hate the dentist. My teeth are weak and gross. I swear I get cavaties all the time. Well, this time he had really good news for me. One of my crowns has been loose for awhile and apparently - surprise, surprise - that isn't a good sign. He said it looks like my tooth is cracked in a not-so-good location. It looks like I'll have to have a tooth pulled. Yikes! I put off getting my wisdom teeth pulled until I was 35 years old because I am chicken. The thoughts of having him pull a tooth sends me into fits. Not only that, but unless I want to be toothless I have to have an implant put in. (A crown probably won't work for me because my teeth seem to be very, very weak and I can just imagine what would happen with that!). Guess I'm going to have to come up with about $3000 for that.
It gets better! We have to have new windows. We can't put it off any longer. I had hoped to make it another 2 years, but it can't wait. We'll be lucky to get thru this winter. See, when I push on the window in my son's room - it moves. Last year's wet winter really messed this house up! It seems to have settled a bit.
So, you can see how my plans have changed. I may be looking at another part-time job to pay for the mess. Lovely.
I really wanted a patio!
No comments:
Post a Comment