Friday, March 1, 2013

a First for the Lurkers

Well, I did something today that doesn't happen very often.  In fact, it never has happened to the Lurkers.  And never will again!

I paid off 2 vehicles.  In one day.  In a matter of hours.

Yay!

Too bad we don't actually get the titles to both vehicles!

In case you didn't read my post a few days ago about everything that seems to be going wrong for us right now, we no longer have our 2007 Ford F250.  Tim doesn't like to talk about it and I won't go into details.  (I'll just say that Valentines Day was not a good day for us.)  But it is no longer with us - we now have a 2008 Dodge Ram.  Luckily for us, we had to only come up with $400 to pay off the F250 - which was a lot less than I thought we'd have to pay since we haven't had it long enough to actually not be upside down in it!

I have been saving money to pay off the Jeep early - and I was afraid the little snag on Valentines Day would change our plans.  I had to save money in case we had to come up with more money that we thought we'd have to come up with to get out of our old house.  Things worked out then and things worked out with the truck.  So I was able to pay it off 6 months early.  Yipee!

1 comment: