Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hard Work Ahead

I'm not one for lots of hard work.  Hello - I'm 40  pounds over weight.  Of course I don't like hard work!  (Plus I'm not one who likes to get hot and sweaty - so outside work doesn't happen very often).  But who knows - things may change.  Heck, I've started to wash the dishes daily and cook so maybe I'll like hard work!

This summer will be full of fun for me!  It was beautiful weather last night so we started to work in our yard to attempt to clean it up.  I don't know if it is because we moved in in the middle of winter or if we pissed the contractors off by complaining - but there sure is a lot of construction crap in our yard!  So I started to clean up a small area next to our porch (about 8' by 8' or so).  I picked up two 5 gallon buckets of stuff.  Rusty nails, concrete chunks, pieces of the masonry, soffet pieces, etc.  I was amazed at all the crap there.  On the bright side, the mound of dirt is leveled out.

Tonight's fun:  raking up the gravel and picking up rocks.

Fun!

You know, this may be the first year I actually get some color in this pasty white body of mine!  (and I hope it isn't just the color red!)

No comments:

Post a Comment