Woot! Woot!
I really hate it when Tim is gone. It is so lonely. I hate to go to bed because it is lonely!
This deployment has been a bit different. Tim's mom is here. She arrived the Sunday before Tim left. Her plans were to stay for a month, but then she decided to stay until Tim gets home. We were happy to have her here. Lucky for everyone, she is leaving on Saturday.
Hmmmm.....why, if we were happy to have her here, would we be happy she is leaving?
Well, let's just say that I don't agree with some of her rules. Yes, she has rules. In my house. My house.
Like saying "Yes, Ma'am" or "No, Ma'am" and repeatedly reminding an 11-year-old who doesn't normally say that that it is rude not to answer that way. I was raised where "Yes" and "No" were perfectly acceptable answers. It gets old repeatedly hearing her correct Sterling.
And table manners. I didn't think we had bad table manners. But apparently we do. And Sterling is constantly reminded of his poor table manners. Let me tell you, I have never been more aware of where I place my arms and how fast I eat. Sterling and I are done and could have our dishes put away before Tim's mom is finished. She is very proper.
And the loud TV. She can't hear it as well, so it needs to be turned up. Which means I hear it nice and loud in my room when I try to go to sleep. She stays up until after midnight. I gave up trying to go to sleep at 10 p.m.
And I'm too chicken to say anything. I really do love her. She is funny and kind and willing to help. She does the dishes for me every day. She cooks sometimes. She takes us out to dinner or lunch. I have liked having her here - spending time with us and getting to know Sterling. She raised an amazing (and incredibly stubborn) son who would do anything for his family and friends.
But Saturday night we had a blow up like no other. Over table manners. To make a long story short: Ster was tired of being told how to eat properly and got sassy. Tim's mom didn't appreciate his sassiness and popped him on the arm. It was terrible. There was a lot of yelling and screaming for the next 10 minutes.
At least Sterling no longer hates Meemaw.
But it will be nice to have my house back. We can get in a routine again. I can do what I feel like needs to be done rather than trying to entertain my mom-in-law. I can argue with Sterling without having her there butting in.
I really do love her. Serious!
No comments:
Post a Comment