Friday, October 7, 2011

Enormous Elephant

I am hoping that I go from being an Enormous Elephant down to a Chunky Monkey.

You see, last week my pants felt a little looser - so I hopped on the scales.  (I try to avoid the scales whenever possible).  To my delight, I was 7 pounds lighter than the last time I stepped on those dreaded scales (about six weeks ago).  I was also shocked.  I hadn't done anything to lose weight - not that I knew of anyway.

So I've been a bit motivated to shed some pounds.  I have been much more careful about what I am eating.  I am cutting down on my snacks.  I limit my Mountain Dew and Cherry Coke intake (I buy the Big Chill but don't drink is all).  And, I've actually exercised twice in three days.  Twice!  I haven't done that for years!  And I'm itching to Zumba off another pound tomorrow morning =)  (Okay, so I know I won't Zumba off a pound in one day - but the idea of that is nice).

It is amazing what the feeling of loose pants does to a person.  It is such a motivator!  I'm hoping to be a pant size smaller in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment