Saturday, October 22, 2011

Quilts of Valor

As I said earlier, I have been itching to sew.  I really want to sew some quilts.  I've been thinking of people I can make quilts for - grandkids, Ster, family reunion quilts, a friend.  But I came across a blog this evening that has really gotten me excited to make quilts - for wounded soldiers.  It isn't like I'll be able to whip out 10 or so quilts this year - but I think I should be able to whip out one, maybe two.  There is an organization that teams up quilters - one to quilt the top and one to do the long-arm quilting.  I'm so excited!  I have the red, white and blue fabric and I have several ideas for the design.  So, as soon as I get my mom's sewing machine back I am going to start working on my QOV.  By the time I have the top all sewed, I should have some money to get the backing.  Then off to the quilter!

I'm so excited!  They suggest the quilter write a letter to the wounded soldier and to possibly keep a journal of my feelings as I'm making the quilt.  I can do this.  And I can't wait to start!




On another note, I'm a bit bummed.  I've only lost about another half pound this last week.  I've decided that my weight loss can be contributed to the fact that I have cut out fast-food.  Because I've gone out to eat twice this week (and had a donut and a candybar) and haven't lost more weight.  I have been exercising more - but have had terrible headaches this week and missed two days.

I've got to get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment