Sunday, October 16, 2011

my My MY!

Oh my! 

The weather is so beautiful - cool, not warm.  So I am enjoying having windows open in our house.  I'm not so much enjoying my neighbors. Yes, the ones that live in the trailer at her parents house.  However, I did hear the most entertaining conversion just now.

So our neighbor lady is giving a friend some advice.  Well, it is more like a lecture.  I should have recorded it so that I could play it back to her.  Because that is exactly what she needs.

"M" is telling "Jane" what Jane should do with Jane's 18-year-old son.  Apparently, the 18-year-old son is unemployed and has no desire to be responsible.  So, what was the advice that "M" gave her friend?  To stop enabling him and to tell him that he was old enough to get a job and take responsibility for himself. 

Really?  This is coming from the lady who won't get a job and who is living off her mommy and daddy?  The same lady who has taken thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars from them because they are supporting her?  (Her dad told us how much money they have spent on both their kids - and I was shocked)  Really?  Maybe her mom and dad should be telling her to grow up and get a job and start to take responsibility for her and her kids.

On another note - "M" did have some advice that actually made a little sense.  She told her oldest son to think about his decision (which was dropping out of school) and think about the consequences to that decision.  She told him that he was 16 and could decide for himself - but that would also mean he would be responsible for what comes after it.  Good advice!  Think before you act.  You are responsible for your own actions.  FYI - he decided not to drop out of school and is doing 2 packets a day to get caught up and he is doing so well that he will have an opportunity to do something that I couldn't hear - wild child walked in and started to make noise.

Did I hear all of this over our TV?  No.  Like a good neighbor I turned it off so I could listen.  Hey - if you want a private conversation, you don't stand in the driveway talking very loudly so that everyone can hear.

1 comment: