Yay - the Pine Wood Derby is done! The anticipation just kills Sterling. He was so excited - and so sure his car would win. I hoped his car would win - but prayed it wouldn't come in last!
Last year with Tim gone, I begged Ster to let me buy him a cut-out car that we could paint. But no, he insisted on the colorful wedge. It is his car, so I really couldn't force him to do something he didn't want to do. But I hoped he'd change his mind. This year, I didn't have to prompt him - he asked if we could get one and reminded me I told him he could have one last year. So, we bought one. And weights. And one of those skin-things to cover it with. Yikes! After it was done, Tim had a friend help him with greasing the wheels (or whatever that is called). The last couple of days all Ster wanted to do was play with the car.
Finally, the night arrived. The first race Ster was in, he came in 4th. Oh, I was bummed. Ster told us that the wheels were wobbly. Really? Crap!!!! In his four races, he came in 4th, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st. Overall, he was 10th out of 21. I can't tell you how relieved I was that he wasn't last! The poor kids who were last =( Whew - atleast it wasn't Ster!
I do have some pictures - but they were from a distance because Ster doesn't cooperate when the camera comes out. (I'll post his school picture to prove that).
Off to bed - tomorrow I get to relax and sew more on my quilt. I can't wait to post pictures of that! (Maybe I can sneak a picture of Ster while I'm at it)
No comments:
Post a Comment