Next time you go to Walmart and use 4 different WIC checks, please be considerate of the fact that I might be in line behind you. See, I have no patience. And I really didn't like to stand behind you while you rang up four different WIC purchases. You know - couldn't you sense that I was in the store and that you should either (1) hurry up and get through the long, long line before I get there or (2) wait another, oh, 2 minutes to get in line? See, I really didn't like waiting TEN. STINKING. MINUTES. as the SLOWER. THAN. COLD. TAR. checker rang up your four different checks. And I really, really, really didn't like standing behind your fifth purchase of little girl tights, diet coke, dr. pepper, cups, and other items that seemed to me you could have done without if you need financial assistance.
Sincerely,
the MOST. IMPATIENT. PERSON in the world.
Okay, so I have no problem with people getting financial assistance. Really, I don't. But I really get annoyed to see such people buying non-essential things. Like Diet Coke and Dr. Pepper. If I don't have money, I don't buy those things. Maybe I'm just strange - but if I'm getting money from someone because I can't afford things - then I don't buy treats. At work, I see too many people paying their bills with checks from the LDS Church - and those same people have fake nails, hair that has to be dyed to cover gray or to add highlights, or expensive clothes. Or the ones who come in smelling like smoke so bad that we have to lysol the office to cover it up (and that makes it so much worse in my mind) and then they complain because they can't pay their water bill.
My all-time favorite story was when I was behing a couple at walmart who had a WIC check - and then bought bottled Corona (I checked - that stuff ain't cheap!). On the way to their car, they hit a crack in the asphalt, the cart jerked, and the Corona crashed to the ground and some of it broke. Hmmm. Maybe if you'd stop buying that expensive beer you could afford to buy milk, bread, and cereal without assistance.
Again, although I'm complaining about it, I have nothing against people getting help. As long as they aren't taking advantage of the assistance.
Heck, the only freebies we get are infant formula!
Amen sista!
ReplyDelete