Friday, April 19, 2013

Hope of America

Sterling participated in the Hope of America program at BYU's Marriot Center on Wednesday.  It was pretty good!  We got there waaayyyyy early.  The instructions said to be there by 6:15 - but I was told it gets crazy and that we should get there well before then.  So we got there at 5:30.  And then had to wait for two hours for it to start.

It was a long night.

But enjoyable once they started performing.

But.....I had to take potty breaks.  Now, I don't like to use public restrooms.  Especially icky, old ones.  The Marriot Center's restrooms were in the middle range.  See, I don't like to listen to others and their....um....stinky issues.  I gag when I hear others....how shall I say this?.....have the the hershey squirts.  I don't necessarily like listening to others piddle, either, but that isn't too bad.  And I can't stand the nasty hershey squirts smells.  I've walked into too many restrooms with that smell that makes me want to gag.

So it wasn't pleasant for me to have to piddle.  Three times. Ugh.

The last piddle break, I walked into one unpleasant smelling bathroom.  I was trying not to breathe.  I wanted to cover my mouth but thought that may be a bit rude incase the person who left the smell was still there.  Unfortunately, there wasn't a free stall and I had to wait.  In the meantime, two little girls walked in right past me and took the next open stalls.  I couldn't stand the smell so I went in search of another restroom.

And I found it.  And it didn't smell!  I was so pleased.  Until I saw the worker cleaning up vomit.

I don't do well with vomit.  If I see or hear it, I am trying not to do it myself.  I'd rather not look at it, but at least I don't gag when I see it - as long as it isn't fresh or smelly.  I had to try real hard not to gag.  And I couldn't look at it.  But it must have shown on my face because a lady was laughing at me.

I can't tell you how relieved I was to get in a stall so I didn't have to see it - but I started to gag in there.  Not so pleasant.

The best part?  Just as I reach to flush the toilet, the lady next to me had the hershey squirts.

I almost died.  But I did manage to wash my hands before I hurried out of the restroom.

Note to self:  Don't drink anything next time!

1 comment: