I almost peed my pants tonight. But my heart attack beat peeing my pants.
I had to run to the store to get dinner for tomorrow. And after getting stuck behind someone who doesn't know how to go one speed (he went from 35 to 45 and back to 35 in a short distance. annoying!), we get stopped at the train track on west Main in Lehi.
The railroad has such pretty lights and lovely arms that come down when a train is approaching. I was several cars back, just so you know. As I saw the Amtrack train go by, I started to think about taking a train trip. And thinking about whether or not it would be fun or just plain long to take the train to Texas.
The arms go up. The lights stay flashing. The cars start to go. I mean, the train already went by, right?
As I got closer to the tracks, the thought crossed my mind that I really should look both ways before I cross the tracks - especially if the lights are still flashing. But just as fast, the thought crossed my mind that the lights always take a long time to stop flashing.
Just as I get to the arms....they start to come back down!
I had a heart attack.
I kept looking in my rear view for about a mile down the road but didn't see a train go by - only flashing lights.
But it serves as a reminder to double check.
No comments:
Post a Comment