Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I'm a what?!? Gasp!

I'm a B*^ch.  Gasp!

I'm one because lady didn't pay her bill and her water was shut off today and I'm a b*^ch for not working with her.  The city has been absolutely horrible since the 18 months she has been living here - she's been turned off twice and we aren't willing to work with her.

Surprisingly, I didn't get upset.

Usually, when I have people getting upset with me, I get shaky and upset and nervous - and sometimes snarky.  This time, I actually remained calm and didn't get upset or snarky with her.  I apologized that her water was turned off but explained that once it is shut off, we do require the bill be paid in full with a $50 turn on fee and that we could not waive that fee nor add it to her next bill. 

But man am I a b and we are all b*^thes and the hardest to work with and she hates it here.  Why can't we be willing to work with her?

I really hate shut-off time.  I hate telling people that they have to pay in full plus that $50. I feel bad for them.  Well, not so much the ladies who come in with fake nails and hair three different colors and designer jeans - cuz we usually see them a few times a year.  come on - skip the nails and hair colorings and pay your bills!   Yes, I'm being judgemental - but if you can afford all that, you can afford to pay your bill.  However, those ladies usually pay their fees without blinking an eye.  Come on!  That $50 is a new shirt - would they rather have water and a new shirt or no water for a few hours and no new shirt. 

And since I had to help cover lunch and help the people who were turned off, it was fun.

And now on to my fun-filled evening:  city meetings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment