Have I mentioned how much I love our area? When we moved, I decided to be a bit more outgoing and meet my neighbors. I haven't been too successful with that. But everyone here is SO nice! Before we moved in, we met a man who is the neighborhood watch. He was always checking on the houses to make sure things were going okay. He is one of the nicest people alive - he has a great sense of humor and drives his mule (I think that is what they are called - the two seater thingy-majigs). He is down to earth, cusses a bit, and is an old retired fart. But we love him to death. We've already taken him and his wife bread and leftover BBQ goodies. He comes over and offers tips. He is fabulous.
As we've gotten to know more neighbors, we've come to love this area more. We bought some outdoor furniture for our porch and I just love to sit there in the evenings (when it hasn't been too cold) and watch all the people come by who are looking at the area. It is nice to see and talk to our neighbors who are out taking walks.
There isn't a person here that I haven't enjoyed talking to.
I was a bit worried about two miss snooty-patooties. One lady who lives the closest to us seemed kind of snooty. I would wave and she would just kind of look at me. But we talked a couple of weeks ago and she is really nice. I'm going to think that she just didn't recognize me to wave or say hi at church. She is beautiful and stylish - and I am a plain jane, pimply fat chick who gets intimidated by beautiful, skinny ladies. But after talking to her, I've realized that she is really nice and probably shy like me.
The other miss snooty-patooty is drop dead gorgeous and it is so obvious they have money. We talked at a Relief Society gathering (she is the one that the conversation included knowing where people live by the name of their floor plan. I'm a Tivoli. She's a San Marino.) She was really nice then, but went and sat by some of the other ladies who are now in the other ward who are kind of clicky. Anyway, I have waved at her since then and she has been okay to wave back sometimes. She seems nice at church, but we haven't really talked since then. But they have money. Her favorite activity (we found this out at RS) is to take trips to San Fransisco with her hubby. And they have a big boat. Her style of clothing reeks of money. Her wedding ring is HUGE. Her husband is an attorney for a big company. She hasn't been overly friendly with the neighbors and doesn't really talk to them much. So, I decided that I am going to be really nice and get to know her. I'm sure she is nice but probably shy. She won't be a snooty-patooty much longer around me! I'm taking a page from Tim's book and going to start talking to everyone. He finds a friend no matter where he is.
No comments:
Post a Comment