Thursday, April 18, 2013

Kitchen snob

I have to admit that I am a KITCHEN SNOB!

Ever since we started building this house, I have become a kitchen snob.  We have three homes around us that are finished but unoccupied.  Two of them are sold and one is still for sale.  (Wierd - if I was buying a house I'd be ready to move in right away and not let it sit there for 2 months.  No joke.  2 months.)  I have walked through all three of them.  And you know what?  None of the kitchens are up to par for me.

One home (the one not sold) has a kitchen a bit smaller than our old kitchen.  Not acceptable to me.  However, when my sister-in-law saw it she fell in love with how big the kitchen and dining area was.  (Her kitchen/dining area would fit in my front room with room to spare - itty, bitty kitchen).

One home will have new tenants in about 4 weeks (we've met them and they are really nice).  Their kitchen is an upgrade from the first one.  But it still isn't acceptable to me.  The pantry is too small.  There isn't nearly the cupboard space and there wouldn't be an extra 4 drawers for my pens and paper drawers.  And I don't like the setup.

The third home is right next to our home.  We have not met the new owners; we hear they are from California.  I certainly hope they are nice.  This home is a two story home and is very pretty; however, I could never live there because I would get dizzy every time I walked upstairs.  (I'd get a bit dizzy in the other two homes - but this home I get dizzy in at the top of the stairs and just looking up at the windows in the two-story family room).  That kitchen is bigger than the other two, but still not acceptable.  Again, there isn't enough cupboards or cabinets.  It is shaped a bit funny.  The kitchen island may be a bit bigger than ours (which is 72" long) but it has a big cutout for the sink.  That would be nice when cutting veggies - but for some reason I love, love, love having a big island to spread out on and a sink would be in the way.

So, we better stay in this house forever because I just wouldn't be happy with any other kitchen!

(Lets put it this way - I am pretty sure our kitchen area would fit in the kitchen/dining area of our old house.  It is  19 feet by 10 feet.  I really don't mean to brag)

No comments:

Post a Comment